Lesson # 5 – What Your Business Goals Should Look Like
In our last lesson, we talked about setting a business goal for yourself. Let us continue from where we left off…
Your business goal comes from your mission statement. Your mission statement is nothing more than what you plan to accomplish. Your goals are how you plan to accomplish it.
Your business goals need to be challenging but obtainable. You need to set goals that will require some effort to reach. Don’t make them so challenging that they are not obtainable because that will lead to failure. You need to challenge everyone that is involved and responsible for its achievement.
Your business goal needs to say what is going to be done. It needs to be task oriented. A business goal must state what is to be accomplished as clearly as possible. Effective goals use action-oriented words like how.
– How we will implement this plan
– How will we establish our advertising is working
– How will we make sure that the product is the right product for our market, etc.
Your business goals need to be short term. Today business moves so much faster with the use of the internet. Things are changing at “Internet Speed” So now we need to have goals that have shorter time frames. Most of them should be a month or less now.
Never just make up one set of goals and then forget about them. You need to be constantly re-evaluating our goals. Take a look at what goals you have accomplished and then set new goals for you to strive to meet.
Your goal needs to be very specific. You must state exactly what is required from each one that is involved. If the goal you set will lead you to a 6 figure business in one year then you need to clearly say that if we follow this goal we will be a six figure business in one year.
If you clearly define your goals it will be much easier for everyone, even yourself, to understand, and achieve. You will also be able to measure the amount of success you had. It will help you to always see if you are still on track with where you are heading.
Examples Of Goals To Set
– Create an online Internet Marketing Business that will deliver high quality products to my customers. Find the products that my customers want to buy.
– Create a website for my product that my customers can easily find. Make it a pleasurable experience once they land on my site.
– Create a good relationship with my list of subscribers that have chosen to opt-in, so they become responsive buying customers.
– Put in place a management structure and work with Joint Venture Partners to accomplish my goals more efficiently and profitably.
What is missing? Now that you know what a business goal is, you need to write out your business goal, or type it and print it out and stick in on your wall above your computer.
This will help keep you on track EVERY day!